Dummy (fake) cameras VS Real surveillance system cameras
Have you ever wondered which type of security camera would be the best in securing ones home or property? Though there are many reasons in securing our properties, there are two types of security products that could provide this type of security and they are dummy security cameras and real security cameras. Both types of security cameras are beneficial in terms of providing security for your property.
Dummy surveillance cameras
Dummy surveillance cameras have a variety of benefits when it comes to securing your property. Most contain similar features like real cameras without being nowhere near close to the cost of one. security camera With no wiring or power needed, it just takes minutes to install. They have you both time and money for providing security for your home or property.
For every product that has come to existence, there are some pros and cons that you should be aware of.
Pros of Dummy (fake) security cameras
• No Power required (depending on type of dummy camera) at most double A batteries
• Intimidates like a real surveillance camera
• Contains similar features like a real camera such as being waterproof, having LED lighting and having a realistic appearance
• No need for professional installation
Cons of dummy cameras
• It helps intimidate wrong doers but provides no evidence nor help in real life situations such as break ins
• Can’t record or provide any footage to view
Real system surveillance cameras
Securing your home with system surveillance cameras are by far the best ways in ensuring safety in your property. There are many features you could take advantage of like day and night vision, zoom, water resistant, high resolution and several others to help you see what your cameras are seeing. With many features and benefits real security cameras have to offer, a security camera system may take longer to install but it would be worthwhile in the long run. When purchasing a security camera or a camera surveillance system, would be based on your preferences and your budget.
Here are a few pros and cons of a real surveillance camera and security camera system.
Pros of real system surveillance cameras
• Additional features than dummy security cameras
• Real appearance and provides real time surveillance footage
• Depending on type of camera, you could zoom, rotate the camera up to 360 degrees, receive email alerts when it detects a threat, have motion sensors
• Small enough to be installed indoors and out
• Depending of the system, it’ll allow you to watch over your property through your monitor, desktop computer, laptop and even your smartphone.
Cons of real system surveillance
• Higher cost due to the need for a DVR system with a hard drive, that would allow you to save your recordings
• Would possibly need a monitor if planned on being used for business or to easily be able to see what your cameras see
• Takes more time to set up
• Might need professional installation
Both dummy security and real surveillance cameras are beneficial when it comes to providing security for your property. Dummy security cameras features and benefits are well enough to be used to provide short-term security. As for real surveillance camera systems, despite the cost, they are most beneficial in the long-term as they record and provide video evidence when these crime situations take place. Based on your preferences and budget you could decide whether to go with either real or dummy cameras for securing your home or property.