Here we are going to discuss 3 bad habits associated with having acid reflux, namely snoring, burping and bad breath. These bad habits affect our social well-being thus it is worth the while to understand the condition and find out the ways to reduce or eliminate acid reflux.
How Does Acid Reflux Relate To Snoring?
An acid reflux can cause many problems and many people do not realize that there is actually a strong connection between snoring and acid reflux. Snoring is just one problem that can be caused by an acid reflux and can be an indication that a problem with acid reflux is occurring.
Both snoring and an acid reflux are problems that can affect the amount of quality sleep and cause poor effects over a person’s lifestyle. The problem with suffering from both snoring and Acidaburn acid reflux is usually that the suffering is continuous. An acid reflux affects every part of your day while snoring leaves you weary and cross and the inability to deal with the pain and discomfort caused by acid reflux.
How Does Acid Reflux Relate To Burping?
The basic symptom that is felt when an individual has acid reflux is a burning sensation of the esophagus with the chance of the acid entering into the mouth. Another frequent symptom that is sometimes experienced by individuals is burping with acid reflux.
Recognizing Burping With Acid Reflux
It is important to know that gas in the stomach or burping is a common occurrence for most individuals. The gas in the stomach can be either caused by swallowing air or by eating certain types of food. Therefore, it is important to differentiate between non-acid reflux burping versus burping with acid reflux.
Associated burping with acid reflux happens when the acid in a person’s stomach travels backwards into the esophagus which causes a burning feeling in the chest area. If this excess acid travels into the mouth it is then given out in gaseous state. This is the way to identify whether an individual’s burping is normal or associated with acid reflux.
Moreover, the gas that is released through this process can be extremely smelling strong and very bad.
How Does Acid Reflux Relate To Bad Breath?
It is usual for a person to suffer both bad breath and acid reflux. This is because the stomach acid backing up into the esophagus often carries with it the odor of the stomach acids that travel their way into the esophagus or all the way up into the throat.
A person’s breath is affected by what they eat so it only explains that some of the same foods may be causing bad breath and acid reflux. However a change of diet can aid with both problems. When a person takes in hot and spicy foods, the chemicals in the food that makes it spicy will enter the blood stream. When the blood passes through the lungs and is exchanged for oxygenated air, the person’s breath will reflect the smell leaving the blood stream.
Chronic and persistent indigestion can damage more than bad breath and acid reflux as the hydrochloric acid in the stomach is the same type of acid that is in car batteries. It can erode the lining of the esophagus and if allowed to work upwards can be painful in the ears and cause damage to the voice box and upper larynx.
If a person feels there is acid rising in their throat, even when not followed by a burning sensation, it is a sign that acid reflux is occurring. Once the symptoms seem to fade away, they may still suffer bad breath and acid reflux may be the cause of it.
The Common Treatment For Snoring, Burping And Bad Breath
If as a result of acid reflux, you suffer from either snoring, burping or bad breath, the cure for you is
1) Get rid of your excess weight. Excess weight has always been the onset of health problems. To achieve and maintain your ideal weight is always best. One way to lose those kilos is to eat frequently but smaller portions for your meals. Your stomach will be able to cope with the smaller amount thus enabling to digest most of the foods taken in.
2) Avoid eating foods which trigger acid reflux. Foods that may cause acid reflux are foods that add to the acidity of the digestive process. That will include drinking of carbonated beverages, tomatoes, onions, certain types of fruit, etc
3) Raise the torso area when you sleep. By doing so, the contents in the stomach will unlikely to be able to seep up the esophagus.
4) Treatments for acid reflux can be the use of medication. This medication can be over the counter products such as antacids or the use of prescription medicines that help to reduce the production of acid.
5) Avoiding the use of tobacco. Smoking has also been proven to cause other more serious illnesses such as cancer.
These solutions will most probably reduce your occurrences with acid reflux and at the same time solve the bad habits of snoring, burping and bad breath. By having acid reflux is hazardous and uncomfortable enough without going through other problems. However for a truly effective cure, it is best to consult a doctor in the matter.
Read this article to know the best Home Remedies for Acidity. First of all let me tell you what is Acidity?
Acidity refers to a set of symptoms caused by an inequity. More names for acidity are hyperacidity or acid dyspepsia. Acid reflux or Acidity is one of the most normal diseases that cause heart burns in the upper body
Acidity can be a result of inappropriate dietary regimen or stress. It is a problem which when left unattended to, results in peptic ulcer and other complications. It is quite a simple problem when it begins, but it can get out of hand easily if not taken critically. It means the excess secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach.
The usual signs of heartburn are a burning sensation or pain in the stomach after one to four hours of a meal. The too much secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach causes acidity. Acidity can be a result of improper dietary regimen or stress
The too much secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach causes acidity. Some causes of acidity include Alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, chocolate, citrus, tomato, peppermint, fried and fatty foods, over-eating, stress, some medications, and being overweight. Acid Reflux Disease causes harms to the esophagus as the acidic contents from the stomach, containing acids and pepsin, pushes back to the esophagus since the sphincter develops into weak and can no-more prevent the contents from stomach from gushing back in esophagus
Skipping meals, not eating on time, fried and spicy food, stress, anxiety, insomnia, obesity, pregnancy, smoking, alcohol, and wearing tight clothes can give you hyperacidity and heartburn.
Acidity is a problem that occurs very commonly; so going in for medications every time doesn’t seem to be a very good thought. Some home remedies can be used to treat and prevent acidity.
Here is a list of some best Home Remedies for Acidity:
Home Remedies for Acidity
1) Eat a cup of vanilla ice cream or drink a glass of cold milk to get rid of acidity. This is an easy Home Remedy for Acidity
2) Raita prepared with fresh curd, grated cucumber, fresh coriander, tomato is a sure shot remedy in aiding digestion, and helps eliminate acidity.
3) Mint: Fresh mint juice taken every day or fresh mint leaves boiled in a cup of water and sipped slowly after meals also helps to keep the stomach acids at bay
4) Mint juice before meals keeps acidity at bay. This is another good Home Remedy for Acidity.
5) Chewing 5-6 basil leaves relieves flatulence and acidity.
6) Half a glass of fresh pineapple juice should be taken after a meal for treating and preventing acidity
7) A piece of jaggery or gur after lunch and dinner prevents acidity
8) A very simple remedy for acidity is thin butter-milk mixed with 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper powder
9) 9) One of the common Home Remedies for Acidity – Onion (pyaz): The juice of onions is an excellent remedy for acidity.
10) Habitual eating habits and a healthy diet can prevent acidity
11) Drink plenty of water (at least 6 to 8 glasses per day) and other fluids to maintain the acid balance in the stomach
12) A sherbet made with kokum and jeera reduces acidity
13) Lemon rind can also be eaten to prevent heartburn
14) A glass of cold milk provides instant relief. This is an effective Home Remedy for Acidity
15) Eat almonds to give relief to symptoms of acidity
16) Chew a few holy basil (tulsi ) leaves to get relief
17) Bananas, watermelon and cucumber have protective action against the acidity and heart burn